For your SkinPen Procedure
- Your physician will advise you to keep your skin clean of cosmetics or sunscreen for the remainder of your day post-procedure.
- If you are prone to herpes simplex infections, such as cold sores, ask your physician whether prophylaxis therapy is appropriate prior to the procedure.
- If you have been overexposed to the sun (sunburn) the day preceding your appointment, please call our office to reschedule your appointment.
- This procedure may not be performed on active breakouts or open lesions. Consult your doctor prior to your SkinPen procedure to address any issues.
- Wait at least six months post isotretinoin use before your SkinPen procedure. isotretinoin use may increase the risk of scar tissue formation.
- Allow 48 hours after a spray or self-tanning lotions and avoid sun exposure for 24 hours prior to your SkinPen procedure.
- Discontinue the use of topical products containing Retinol or Vitamin A for 24 hours prior to your SkinPen procedure.
- If you are on autoimmune therapy, ask your physician if you should refrain from taking any medications prior to your SkinPen procedure.
- The treated area may be pink and mildly inflamed (similar to the appearance of a mild sunburn) for 24-48 hours following your SkinPen procedure.